If you want to start a web design blog or add a blog feature to your website, the WordPress program is a popular choice for its ease of use and other features.
We found an informative blog post on WordPress from Skadeedle.com and here are some of the benefits they point out to using WordPress for a web design blog over let’s say another program like Blogger.
- WordPress is very user-friendly. For example, it saves work automatically for you so you don’t have to worry about losing content as you are working on your post.
- WordPress offers some very good design themes such as Genesis. See below for a sample blog using that theme. Click here for an article about choosing a WordPress theme.
- You can be more efficient by writing several blog posts in advance and scheduling them out for publishing. WordPress makes it easy to do that.
- You can save a draft in WordPress and work on it at a later time.
- You can see your work as it will look published and make changes before actually publishing it.
- You can organize your content according to date, category or author for ease of finding.
Once you have decided on WordPress and have it set up by a company like The Savvy Socialista, who are experts in setting up web design blogs, the post also gives some helpful hints to ensure success for your new blog.
- Use an Editorial Calendar through Google, a plug in called Editorial Calendar or by creating your own. This will help to keep you organized and make sure that your topics are relevant and timely.
- Engage with your readers and answer their questions. If you get a lot of the same questions from different readers, consider writing a future blog post answering the frequently asked questions.
- Check your blog after published for any broken link and fix them.
- Use Google Analytics to see how your blog posts are doing and what topics are more popular than others.
- Back up data either by using a plug in for that or using VaultPress for a monthly nominal fee.
We have created a number of successful and eye-catching WordPress web design blogs for our clients. See above for one we did called Life Over Ice or by viewing our portfolio page here. Also, if you missed an earlier blog post we wrote on how a WordPress web design blog helps with branding, click here. To read the blog post from skadeedle.com, click here.