Many brands struggle after they set up their Pinterest Boards with trying to figure out what boards to create. People will follow you if they share similar interests.
This is why you benefit by creating boards that are aligned to the most popular categories on Pinterest. Here is a lists of the 10 Most Popular Pinterest Boards:
- Food & Drink
- DIY & Crafts
- Home Decor
- Women’s Fashion
- Inspirational Quotes
- Health & Fitness
- Hair & Beauty
Choosing the most popular categories that will resonate with your target audience can increase your number of followers.
Pinterest recently posted on their blog a list of which categories receive the most engagement on each day of the week:
- Monday: the week starts with good intentions in fitness
- Tuesday: next up, gadgets are all the rage in technology
- Wednesday: need a little something to get through the week —- inspirational quotes
- Thursday: threads lead Thursday with fashion
- Friday: GIFs bring some comic relief to the end of the week with humor. Humor is one of the fastest growing categories on Pinterest and holds the top spot on Friday. More than 3 million humor Pins are saved each day. And, in the five months since the GIFs launch, more than 400,000 GIFs are Pinned everyday.
- Saturday: summer vacations are top of mind with travels.
As of June 2014 there are now more than one billion travel Pins on Pinterest, more than 300 unique countries and territories are represented in the system, and more than four million Place Boards have been created by Pinners.A
- Sunday: the week closes with food and craft ideas
Also, make sure when you label your boards, you give them a specific name. Simply saying “Pretty Space” will not resonate with people as well as “Home Office Decor” will, for example.
Are you tracking your most popular Pinterest Boards? What are they? Tell us in the comments!