Pouring over all of the email marketing stats out there can be exhausting, overwhelming and, likely, unnecessary.
An Asian Digital Marketing Company recently released the following infographic revealing the 10 most important email marketing stats. Here are a few that stood out to us.
- Email Advertising Revenue is quite low and – it would appear – far underutilized. It might be a good idea for you to check out which ads are performing best on your website as compared to your ads in your newsletters.
- Email Adoption is at a peak! 95% of consumers are checking their email at least once a day. That may not be too surprising to you as most of us likely check our email far more often than that. Don’t miss out on great opportunities to acquire, retain and up-sell your customers and potential customers.
- Mobile Email Usage is also peaking! 64% of decision-makers read emails via mobile devices. Are your emails responsive to mobile devices and easy to read?
Perhaps the most important email marketing stat of all is that for every dollar spent on email marketing strategies, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investments. That’s a return on investment that’s pretty much insurmountable through other marketing channels and strategies.
1. On average, subscribers receive 416 commercial messages a month.
2. There are more than 3.2 billion email accounts.
3. Email ad revenue has reached $156 million in the year 2012.
4. Email usage: 95% of online consumers use email.
5. Consumer reports say that 91% of consumers check their email once a day.
6. eMarketer says there will be 236.8 million US email users in 2017.
7. Email audience will grow from 2.42 billion in the year 2014 to 2.7 billion by 2017.
8. The purpose of email marketing UK brand marketers say is 78% for retention.
9. 64% of decision-makers read emails via mobile devices.
10. They say that for every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investments.
Which email marketing stats are you most interested in for your business?